MOODY 425 - £69,950 Sterling (VAT paid)
The Moody 425 is a very popular centre cockpit design from the board of Bill Dixon. Attractive lines, quality construction and a sea kindly performance and of course the luxurious owner`s cabin aft make for a winning combination. This example benefits from the replacement Beta 50hp engine with very low hours run.
This Moody 425 has a sprayhood aiding protection from the elements to the secure centre cockpit with shade provided from the bimini and a huge sun awning. A practical deck layout and the addition of the stainless steel post with solar panels / integral outboard hoist point to her long term cruising use. She is easily sailed shorthanded with both sails furling and a bowthruster aides marina manoeuvring.
Below decks the quality joinery from Marine Projects is evident. There is a practical `L` shaped galley to port that is very secure to work in at sea and opposite to starboard is a full sized chart table and navigation area. Both are thoughtfully located near the centreline of the boat to minimise movement at sea and also be next to the companionway steps. There is a straight settee to port forward of the galley and `U` shaped seating around the saloon table opposite to starboard.
Going forward is a walk-thru with a heads / shower compartment to starboard and stowage opposite to port with the guest double cabin housed in the forepeak area. There is excellent stowage throughout the boat as you would expect on a quality cruiser of this nature. A second walk-thru extends behind the chart table that houses 2 pilot berths (currently used as stowage) and a large lift out panel opposite allows good access to the engine located under the cockpit sole. The owner`s cabin was one of the main selling points of the Moody 425 and is still a magnificent feature today with a settee / storage unit, a dressing table, wardrobe and the huge centreline double berth with an en-suite heads / shower compartment in the walk thru that leads back to the galley and saloon of the boat.
The Moody 425 is a sought after model and she makes a very popular choice for live-aboard cruising in comfort and safety!
- BUILDER / DESIGNER - Moody Yachts / Bill Dixon / Marine Projects
- MAKE / MODEL - Moody 425
- DATE BUILT - 1990
- REGISTRATION / FLAG - UK
- LOA - 13.70m
- LWL - 10.44m
- BEAM - 4.07m
- DRAFT - 1.60m
- KEEL TYPE - Fin Shoal draft
- DISPLACEMENT - 9628kg
- BALLAST - 3811kg cast iron
- CONSTRUCTION - GRP
- COCKPIT - Centre cockpit
- STEERING - Wheel via cable and quadrant
- MAKE - Beta
- MODEL - Beta 50
- HP - 50
- DATE INSTALLED - April 2015 by UK main agent, fitted in Sardinia
- GEARBOX - Technodrive TMP60P.
- COOLING SYSTEM - Salt and Fresh Water via Heat Exchanger
- NO. OF CYLINDERS - 4
- ENGINE HOURS - 802 only (Oct 2021)
- PROPELLER - Maxprop folding
- SHAFT / SAIL DRIVE - Shaft drive, PSS seal new at engine installation
- WATER TANK - 400lts
- DIESEL TANK - TekTanks replacement fuel tank fitted April 2011, 195lts
- HOLDING TANK - 80lts (estimated)
- BATTERIES DOMESTIC - 4 x 100Ah
- DATE NEW - 2019
- BATTERIES ENGINE - 1 x 100Ah
- DATE NEW - 2019
- VOLTAGE - 12v
- ALTERNATORS - One 120amp controlled by Sterling Power Products Alternator to Battery Charger 12v 80-130A
- BATTERY CHARGER - Sterling Power Pro Charge12v 10-60A model
- BATTERY MONITOR - NASA Clipper Battery Monitor BM2- monitoring both sets of batteries
- SHORE POWER - Yes
- INVERTER - Portable handheld only
- SOLAR PANELS - 2 x 45W adjustable for elevation and bearing with charge controller controlling house batteries.
- LOG / SPEED - Yes
- GPS - Phillips Navigator Mk9, with independent GPS aerial, portable Magellan Sportrak with GPS signal output
- VHF / DSC - Standard Horizon GX1500E with additional binnacle mounted microphone/speaker, Handheld Standard Horizon HX290
- AUTOPILOT / SELF STEERING - Autohelm 6000 autopilot.
- ECHO SOUNDER - NASA Clipper Echo sounder
- CHART PLOTTER - No but GPS position available from Phillips Navigator unit, fed to Laptop SOB chart / navigation system
- RADAR - Furuno Model1715 cockpit mounted
- WIND INDICATOR - NASA Wireless Wind (needs anemometer)
- COMPASS - Yes plus hand held
- OTHER - Binoculars
Anchors / Warps
- ELECTRIC WINDLASS - Yes bow chain locker accessible from forepeak.
- BOW ANCHOR - 60lb (24kg) CQR anchor with 60m of 10mm calibrated chain.
- KEDGE ANCHOR - CQR
Rig and Sails
- TYPE - Sloop
- MAST CONSTRUCTION - Aluminium
- STANDING RIGGING - Stainless steel wire (replaced 2004)
- MAINSAIL REEFING - In mast reefing
- GENOA FURLING SYSTEM - Roller furling on forestay
- MAINSAIL - 32.92 sq m
- GENOAS - No2 genoa 55.80sq m
- STORM JIB - Yes
- CRUISING CHUTE / SPINNAKER - Available (currently in UK)
- HALYARD WINCHES - x 2 at mast
- MAIN SHEET WINCHES - x 2 either side of cockpit
- SPINNAKER WINCHES - x 2 either side at rear of cockpit
- CONTROL LINE WINCH - x 1in cockpit
- BERTHS - x 2 in forepeak (can be arranged as one double or two singles), x 2 in master cabin with centre-line double berth with easy access either side, x 2 in pullman cabin with lee cloths and original full mattresses, x 2 in saloon on settees, one fitted as ‘pilot berth‘ with lee cloth and trotter box.
- TOILETS - x 2 both can be accessed as en-suite to adjacent cabins or from saloon. Aft heads fitted with holding tank.
- SHOWERS - x 2 as above
Domestic Inventory & Equipment
- REFRIGERATION - Yes, with freezer compartment
- COOKER - Yes gas with oven grill and two rings, additional 2 plate 240v plug-in hob unit
- PRESSURISED WATER SYSTEM - Yes
- MANUAL WATER SYSTEM - Yes, foot pedal at galley sink
- CALORIFIER / IMMERSION - Both
- HEATING SYSTEM - Eberspacher hot air, diesel fired. (Currently non-functional)
- GALLEY EQUIPMENT - Full range of usual galley equipment
- GAS BOTTLES - x 1
- OTHER - x 12v fans, Magma gas BBQ (can be mounted on pushpit)
- BILGE PUMPS - x 1 automatic electric x 1 manual
- FIRE EXTINGUISHERS - x 3 hand held x 1 automatic in engine room
- FIRE BLANKET - x 1
- GAS DETECTOR - x 1
- LIFE JACKETS - x 4 adult
- HARNESSES - x 6 safety harnesses with fixed jackstays.
- LIFEBUOY - Yes
- DANBUOY - Yes
- EMERGENCY TILLER -Yes
- LIFE RAFT - Tested Sept 2021 Retest due Sept 2024
- RADAR REFLECTOR - Yes
- FIRST AID KIT - Yes
- FLARES - Yes
- EPIRB - Yes GME Accusat tested Sept 2021
- DINGHY - 2.6m dinghy with Weaver type davits
- OUTBOARD ENGINE - 4-stroke Suzuki DF2.5 with O/B hoist
- BIMINI - Yes (see “Tent” below)
- SUN AWNING - Yes purpose made with fiberglass batten stiffeners
- TENT - Yes purpose made canvas fixed to zips around bimini to enclose cockpit.
- SPRAY HOOD - Yes new windows Sept 2021
- DAVITS - Sugar scoop mounted Weaver type davits for dinghy
- FENDERS - x 6
- WARPS - Various
- BOARDING LADDER - Yes with wooden tread additions
- BATHING PLATFORM - Yes Sugarscoop stern with easy access
- TRANSOM SHOWER - Yes (hot and cold)
- OTHER - Canvas wind scoops over hatches.
All images and text copyright
Pinnacle Yacht Sales 2021
website designed and maintained
by Hereford Web Design